This is the final draft magazine cover I have designed to promote my film. I have made sure that I have kept to my intended colour scheme and to protect copy righted images, have taken my own original pictures of my character. Whilst I was creating my magazine cover, I realised the consistancy of the theme through my pieces was going to be hard to follow since it is set in woodland and the colours are quite bright. However I decided to incorporate a pattern that I made on Illustration that used the same colours. The developments I have made since my last draft was I added more of the stars so that it flows round the title like the leaves on the poster. I also after noticing that some covers do this I have a line under each article to seperate them. I really like at the moment the headline above the masthead because I used a tool where I draw a line and I can then type on to it. I didn’t want to include too much on to the cover as it will look far too busy and will spoil the main image.
As well as the Film Poster, I have also been concentrating on the magazine cover which features my film and main character. Throughout my time working on this I have managed to use the Adobe graphics package available which includes Photoshop and In design, both I have managed to use to create my print products. Through my exploration of these programs I have also learnt about another called Adobe Illustration. It provides many tools on creating a variety of pretty patterns and shapes that I could possibly incorporate into my coursework.
Here is the magazine cover so far. I have attempted to use different fonts and used a foggy effect on the image with a purple tinge so it goes with the colour scheme and to make it look like the character is in a dark forest. My main character is standing in front of a tree and her face is quite dark however using photoshop I managed to touch it up by brightening it. Just looking at it, I already think that there is a lot I could improve on such as making the title bigger and also removing the white box around it and perhaps make the picture more part of the background. I like the name that i have given it due to the play on words and the font looks quite mystical. This overall links to the moon in the chosen font which represents the genre quite well. I quite enjoyed playing around with the colours on the font becuase I managed to add a mixture of shades of purple. I did this by making the title a block colour and then got the eraser and brushed over it, turning the opacity up and concentrating on the top area of each letter. I feel that it looks more interesting with this effect.
I decided to not include a lot of headings of the features that would be inside becuase I don’t want to swamp the piece in text and the main image to still be visible. I used in the titles some catchy words that reflect the genre and film such as ‘New on the scene’, ‘Brand new movies you are howling to see this winter’ and ‘behind the magic’.
To keep it professional, I have added a barcode towards the bottom on the page and the issue number, date and price of the magazine.